Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v8 oil pressure probs

351podge

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman 95
iv rebuilt the 5lt in my 95 VS Statesman and on initial fire up after 2 or 3 startups and after a min or so no oil pressure so i put vas in the pump and 20secs after it started it got oil pressure i ran it for a good hr at idle and had it running atleast 10 times after that i even took it round the block a coulpa times and no dramas but now as soon as it gets to quater temp the oil light flicks on and off coupla times before stayin on and if ya keep drivin it gets rattly now i had it that warm b4 n it wasnt doin it.iv replaced the pump the oil and ran a coupla flushes throught the donk and im assumin the sensors fine as it acctualy is loosin pressure im stumped

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
did you prelube the bearings during rebuild? and how far did you rebuild it? use bulk gak? any worms in your oil?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
have had this prob before, i think that all the vaso doesnt melt and after a bit it closes of the pressure hole. take the sender out and see if there is any vaso in there. i took the car for a good run(150km) which ensured that all the oil got hot enough for long enough to melt all the vaso. didnt happen again.