Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Supercharged V6 conversion

ev351

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
Hi All,

My first post here. I am in the process of fitting a supercharged 6 into a suzuki sierra. All mechanicals are done, and im up to the electrics. I have done plenty of earlier model commodore engine converisons, but can anyone tell me, do I need a BCM to tell the ECU that is ok to run? Or can I just use the factory VS supercharged ECU for the job by itself??

Thanks everyone,

Ev.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
easiest way would be to just get the memcal in the PCM changed so that it does not require the BCM.

if you use the BCM, you'll still need the matching key to tell the BCM its ok to start.

ev351

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
Thanks for the reply,
So you are saying that the ECU as standard, does need the BCM to run? CAn you suggest anyone who could flash the ECU so that it will run without the BCM?

Ev.,

ev351

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
Oh, Im not sure if this would help me or not, but i have a VR in the yard, with BCM and keys. Could i use this with the VS computer or completely different?

Ev.

Namheul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Would be easiest to just get the ECU done so that it doesnt need the BCM.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Easiest by far to do away with the bcm. You'll just need to get the VATS removed from the pcm memcal. Contact Dick at Dick's Electronics in Sydney for this. He's a top bloke who knows his stuff. He did one for me just recently for a 5 speed ecotec conversion I did in a sigma :)
Off the top of my head you'll have to do the following:
* provide constant power to the pcm
* provide ignition power to the pcm
* provide an earth for the 4 earth wires to the pcm
* provide power to your fuel pump with a switched relay. Run this off the pcm though and not constant 12v or you'll go through pumps in no time. Letting the pcm control it allows the pressure to be relieved when its not necessary i.e, you turn the ignition on to prime the pump but don't actually start it. We used a vn 5L external pump.
* provide power to your Sierra ignition wire (i.e power to crank it over)
* Provide power for injector pulse via a ignition switched relay
* Provide signal wire to the starter motor. Find this in the Sierra wiring.
I know there's more but I cant think of them right now.
You also need to be careful where you pick up your ignition power sources from in the Sierra as you'll find in some cases there will be power with the ignition on but when you go to crank it over it'll lose power untill you come back off start to ignition. Therefore you just need to make sure where you pick up ignition power it is still powered when you crank.
Hope that all makes some kind of sense.
Cheers,
Chris