Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn 5ltr - vr v6 conversion

THZ-NSC

STRETCH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VB SLE, VR STATESMAN
hey everyone, need help desperately!!! just finished swapping all the running gear outa my VN 5ltr berlina, into my VR SS mock up body, got everything connected (i thought) engine turns over but fuel pump iz not getting power to it, and cant find where there wires from the VN's gearbox go to under the centre console in the VR, all other plugs where the same except this one, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
then there won't be plugs for the manual harness to clip into. vr's ran different harnesses due to the electronic kick down in the auto's. your going to have to modify your harness to get it to work

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
and youll probably be unable to register it because the engine was manufactured at an earlier date to the vehicle.

THZ-NSC

STRETCH
Reaction score
Members Ride
They are both autos - do u know what plug i would have to change to get the gearbox wired into the wiring harness under centre console and is that the only wires id have to change to get her running, coz thats my only real problem everything else swapped over perfect up to these wires
*and would i be able to get it regoed wif a mod plate??

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Rego shouldnt be a problem, im pretty sure that *no earlier engines into newer cars* rule only applies when doing a full on conversion. EG, cant put an ecotec into a VE. But seeing as the VR's came with 5 litres, shouldnt be an issue

THZ-NSC

STRETCH
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers for ya help

THZ-NSC

STRETCH
Reaction score
Members Ride
does any else no what i need to do to get gearbox n fuel pump connected???? im stumped!!!

THZ-NSC

STRETCH
Reaction score
Members Ride
wot about... doez any1 know why my fuel & temp gauges arent working??? (other than being faulty or disconected at the unit)