Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power lock problems...

hoju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore ute
Howdy all,

Just joined and I'm only just realizing how handy this forum is! Got a little problem with the central locking in my VS UTE. Every time I go over a bump the locks unlock and then lock when I go over another bump. I'm guessing it my be one of the motors in the doors? I could not find any sort of loose wire anywhere, might have to look again though. Also sometimes it will lock over a bump (like useal) but the hazards lights will stay constantly lit untill I unlock it manually with my hand. Very annoying, any advice peeps?

Cheers.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
i'm thinking prob a few broken wires in the door hinge.

have a bit of a tug at each wire individually and see if any pull out. i would say it will be drivers door if any, due to amount of use.

hoju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore ute
Hey, just thought I'd let you know what the problem is..I only just found out today lol! I have an old school hornet 719t alarm system installed, and the siren (alarm brain) had a big crack down the side of it and was actually touching metal over bumps which somehow made the central locking pop up and down. I only found out how dodgy my alarm is because I lost my keys the other weekend. When the locksmith came and popped the locks up for me, he just walked over to the siren (which was screaming at the time) and moved the siren (alarm brain) so it was facing all the way up. Then bang! Alarm disarmed and locks opened! Pretty secure hey? lol :rofl2: