Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio & lights staying on

juzz87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY
hey all.. I have an 02 vy exec In the past week or so my check alternator light has been flashing at me. In the past 3 days i have noticed that my lights and radio won't switch off once the keys are removed and the door has been opened.

Any suggestions? Also, i've had the car tested twice in the last week by seperate mechanics and they've both said the alternator is fine and charging. And the battery is not even a month old.

I've had fog light issues with this also, the wiring was wrong and it kept causing them to blow. Had the same issue with my headlights (fixed now) My air con/heater has completely stopped when i got it back from the panel shop who replaced my front bumper and bonnet. Not sure if that's electrical or the pump has gone or something? It also ran out of fuel when it said i had a quater of a tank. Since then i've always filled up before i get to a qtr so dont know if the fuel guage is out. At the moment i'm trying to figure out this over heating problem. Have just replaced the thermostat and given the thing a proper flush. So far it seems to have done the trick.

Not really sure if anyone has any ideas but i've had enough of this car already :-/

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
the lights and the radio is probably the switch in the door hinge thingy try pushin it in a few times n if the radio goes off then you know theres a dodgy connection there

juzz87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY
Yeah problem is some times it switches off some times it stays on, so i can't even test it untill it does it again. Just hoping i realise to switch radio and lights off every time. Last thing i want after 10 hrs off work is to have try and find someone to jump start me! Haha