Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flooded vx elec parts

terra82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3 utility
ok due to recent flooding in area my car got flooded its a vx equipe .due to no insurance o the car i need to get it back up and running . i have taken out the comp and bcm cleaned them both in tank water and metho bathed them and left to air dry or few days . the water level inside the front of the car went up over the cluster so im guessing il need new 1 of them too .

can anybody tell me what other electrical parts i will need to get or replace please ?
motor itself is fine luckily no water got into it .

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Man you should have your car insured. I'd drain the fuel tank, rip up all carpet make sure water isn't lying in the footwells or boot becuase it will rust out. Also i'd say all of the sterio components will be stuffed, not that that is the most important thing at this stage though

terra82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3 utility
yeah i know the insurance wouldnt do it as it had dents along the doors which i have and were ready to paint and put on . i have got the bcm working and all doors are now unlocked i went to crank the motor over but nothing is there a precedure that i need to do ?

i had a look in the manual and it says about a PCM ? could that be the problem ?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
you may wanna grab yourself a test light, with the ignition on, just test for power at each of the relays, (they may be stuffed) and at each sensor plug, guessing most of your sensors on the engine are screwed also. fuelpump may be stuffed if water got into the tank.

grab yourself a can (or couple) of contact cleaner, same manufacture of CRC and spray that on your contact surfaces. safe to spray in your alt too.

terra82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3 utility
i should have added the car wasnt running when it got flooded . it was sitting parked outside shops if that makes a difference i dunno . but i have a test light il give that a go tomora . looks like a big job ahead though .

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Leave it sit in the sun for a couple of days to dry out.
If you're BCM and such want to work, you're already lucky.

Pull the interior our and throw most of it away, leave the seats sit in the sun for a few days and then dry clean them. You might also want to pull the dash apart to let the water escape, otherwise its going to condense on the inside of the plastic and stuff just about everything.

terra82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3 utility
well no luck with it im over it now so its off to the scrap yard