Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3rd brake light plug? where is it?

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
i bought some alloy sports bars, and they have the 3rd brake light included, i just cannot find where abouts the two plugs (plus and negative) go to? anyone know? id like to wire it up asap so i cant get picked up for having a brake light out... :)

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Negative goes to any good earth point on the body , positive to your rear stop light bulb holder wire- splice into the back of the wire near the holder ( cant remember which colour the wire is but if you pick the wrong one the bar light will light up when you turn the parkers on. )

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
i finaly got around to hooking up the 3rd brake light on the alloy sports bars. wired it into the rear tail lights wires :)

utedizzle085.jpg

speirsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Ute
So was it just a matter of splicing into the wire? Don't have to buy connectors or anything? Also what colour wire was it? Cheers

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
So was it just a matter of splicing into the wire? Don't have to buy connectors or anything? Also what colour wire was it? Cheers

Would only need 1 wire, to the hot on the existing brake light. Could use a Scotchlok type connector, or solder and heatshrink.

The bar if it were installed correctly could be a really super earth....