Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom wiring looms to relocate under bonnet wiring to hidden areas.

jchar46

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 1 exec
Hi everyone, would just like to get peoples opinions on whether or not you think selling custom wiring looms for commodores to eliminate the under bonnet wiring from sight would be viable and if ppl would be interested.

I have done a number of these now for Vs, vt, Vx etc and although time consuming it definitely makes a huge difference in presentation.

I re-wire the looms so that the under bonnet fuse panel is relocated to behind the glove box and so that all the head light wires etc are all under the guards. Essentially the only wiring visible is the engine loom although on my vehicles I eliminated the wiring goin through the firewall on each side of the car as well. The plugs from the drivers side have been relocated to behind the passenger kick panel with the computer and the computer loom I ran up through the transmission tunnel so as to completely tidy the firewall from wiring. But that's totally optional and the engine loom can still be run through the firewall if desired. As can the engine to body loom plugs on the drivers side.

As I said this is just an idea to see your thoughts and opinions and to see If anyone was interested.

I should state that I use the same gauge wire as the existing wire when extending and all joins are soldered and heat shrink covered.

Opinions and thoughts are muchly appreciated.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
How hard are they to swap and approximately how much will they sell for?

I think if they are reasonably priced and easy enough to swap then people will buy them. Will it come with a way to mount the fuses in the glove box?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Any pics of the work at all? - the routing sounds pretty creative!

I'm doing a similar sort of thing at the moment, am at least 100 hours in, and it's really only just begun (gah!)

If I billed myself @ auto elec. rates, and added material on top... I'd hate to see the figure @ the end of it :( - I can't imagine it'd be worth your while to sell them @ rates people would pay.

You should also keep in mind that if you're re-routing headlight wires etc, it might be necessary to upsize the size of the wire to maintain original voltage drop rates etc..

rosepa210

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore Vn v6 Executive
Sorry guys But I have a different question to ask,
I am fitting out a ski boat with a Vn series 2 v6 engine and I am needing a custom loom because having the complete loom from a working car is too bulky, a waste of space.

All the fuses, relays, sensors, ignition, all that makes the engine run.

Any help in getting a step by step guide/ diagram on what is needed would be a big help and much appreciated !
reply to: [email protected] thanks

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Sorry guys But I have a different question to ask,
I am fitting out a ski boat with a Vn series 2 v6 engine and I am needing a custom loom because having the complete loom from a working car is too bulky, a waste of space.

All the fuses, relays, sensors, ignition, all that makes the engine run.

Any help in getting a step by step guide/ diagram on what is needed would be a big help and much appreciated !
reply to: [email protected] thanks

Would be easier if you started your own thread.

Attachments

• mp_thread_hijack.jpg
    mp_thread_hijack.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4,849