Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 crank angle sensor wiring

NOT 38

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
hey guys recently did a fusebox relocation and hidden wiring job on my vn. i cant get it to start its got fuel got spark and when you turn it over it pops back through the throttle body almost like the timing is out. NOW is it possible that i have wired the crank angle sensor wrong (got a wire crossed over somewhere) therefore telling the ecu or dfi module to fire in the wrong order or on 180 deg instead of 90 deg ??
plz help me !

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
If you want to check the wires between the crank sensor and the Direct Fire module (V6) to see if they are correct then use a multimeter and from what I know these are the colours and module pin locations (I'm no expert)

Crank Sensor ---> wire colour-------> to V6 Direct Fire Module
A ------------>Lt Blue/ White-----> H
B------------->Blue/Yellow--------> G
C------------->Grey/red------------> M
D------------->White/Black--------> N

I recall their are two modes of ignition system operation, Module mode (startup) and EST mode(after starting and above 450RPM)

In Module mode (engine cranking) the engine spark advance is always at 10 degrees BTDC and will not change until the engine runs and is above 450 RPM. In Module mode the ECM has no control of the ignition timing.

So I presume the initial startup will not reference the crank sensor but you could check your wiring and earths especially.

Any experts out there with more info to add or correct me?

Cheers