Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Cluster Troubles

justformonkeys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Wagon
I recently fixed my heater core problem not long ago, and when i put everything out and back in... i realised that my fuel light (behind the needle) wasn't working and all of the cluster lights were, thinking it was one of the globes at the back i replaced with a new $2 globe.... this didn't seem to work, so then i took the whole cluster apart thinking it was faulty, turns out everything was working fine and no damage... so i decided to just cut my losses and put it all back together again, and now the speedo light behind the needle isn't working nor the temp needle, but the fuel light needle is back (ahhhh)... i'm guessing its just a loose wiring somewhere but i have no idea which wire... im ready to hit it with a hammer!!!
I'm totally stumped has anyone come accross this before?? and ideas how to fix??

Cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wat did u do exactly wen u took the whole cluster appart?

The speedo light is prolly just a blown globe (most common) or may have poor contact, check these 1st.

With the temp needle assuming u pulled the needles off? u may have put it back on 2 hard, pry the needle up slightly 2 relieve the pressure on it, the needles dont like being put back on 2 hard.

With the fuel light sounds like the sender unit which is totally un related 2 wat uve been playing with doing the heater core, could b just a coincidence?