Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injector question

commolux

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6lux
hey guys new to the forum just hoping someone could answer a question got a vn v6 engine that i cant seem to get started just cranks and cranks and backfires every now and again has spark and has fuel starting to think it is flooding i checked the injectors and at the plugs it has 12v's on both terminals does anyone no if this is right? ive been told it should only have 6 or so volts at one terminal aswell so not really sure any info would be much aprieciated..

cheers jared.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
When it is not running, 12V sounds right. Otherwise, you will find an oscilloscope handy!

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
I am assuming that you have checked the ECM and it is OK (no code 41 in the memory). That the car is cranking at sufficient speed and the fuel is fresh and at the correct pressure. If you have a multimeter check that the injectors are around 16 ohms as less than 12ohms may damage the ECM. Injectors are supplied with 12 v.

Here is how I would check mine. Open to suggestions or criticism here as I'm not a mechanic.

Use a test light and with all injectors disconnected , connect the test light across both harness terminals of one injector (Do not short terminals together or to earth).

As you crank the engine watch the test light, it should blink while cranking, indicating electrical injector pulses are present. Now check the rest one by one, if all blink then the fuel control , delivery and ignition are OK for each injector and you need to search further for your problem

Cheers