Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LUX BCM Replacement

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
I want to fit a LUX BCM to my 02 S2 HSV Clubsport, so that I can fit variable wipers etc.

Is there any different from a V6 or V8 BCM? If not I can grab one from any of the calais wrecking.

Is a VY/VZ one compatible?

Can I just take it into Holden and have it remapped to my car?

I assume the wiring harness will be the same allbeit missing a few wires.

Any assistance appreciated.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There is no difference between V6 and V8 BCMs.
You will need the key remote that goes with the BCM you buy and the BCM will need to be linked to the ECU or the car won't start. Holden can do that.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Cheers mate. Can they reprogramme my existing key to work with the BCM? It's got the HSV logo on it :)

As far as I know the keys can only be programmed once, so no reprogramming of old keys. I have read somewhere on here that they can be reprogrammed but I doubt that is true.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
I want to fit a LUX BCM to my 02 S2 HSV Clubsport, so that I can fit variable wipers etc.

Is there any different from a V6 or V8 BCM? If not I can grab one from any of the calais wrecking.

Is a VY/VZ one compatible?

Can I just take it into Holden and have it remapped to my car?

I assume the wiring harness will be the same allbeit missing a few wires.

Any assistance appreciated.

I am investigating this myself, for my VZ V6 Executive, to allow for fully stalk selectable variable wipers (over the standard road speed sensing wipers only). The only issue I can see, is that the LUX BCM (that comes with the stalk selectable variable wipers) appears to be climate control compatible only - which of course, my Executive does not have. Also, my VZ is a wagon, so a LUX BCM may not have provision for the rear window wiper. Unfortunately, I cannot source any BCM circuit diagrams (obviously very well guarded proprietary information only), so I am unable to ascertain if a LUX BCM would work with my standard air conditioning/heater system and my rear window wiper.

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
I am investigating this myself, for my VZ V6 Executive, to allow for fully stalk selectable variable wipers (over the standard road speed sensing wipers only). The only issue I can see, is that the LUX BCM (that comes with the stalk selectable variable wipers) appears to be climate control compatible only - which of course, my Executive does not have. Also, my VZ is a wagon, so a LUX BCM may not have provision for the rear window wiper. Unfortunately, I cannot source any BCM circuit diagrams (obviously very well guarded proprietary information only), so I am unable to ascertain if a LUX BCM would work with my standard air conditioning/heater system and my rear window wiper.

I never thought about the heater not being compatible. I am yet to do anything further with this. How did you go with your investigation?