Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window motors

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
I have replaced my electric window motors 3 times in my drivers door from the wreckers and am getting sick of it so I pulled one of the motors apart and it just needs new brushes but I cant find any any suggestions welcome have tried bosch, auto sparky and holden

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Are you able to ascertain the manufacturer of the motor by looking for any manufacturers logos on the motor? If so, then you might be able to approach them directly, however often these types of motors (read: windscreen wiper motors for example) are designated as sealed/throwaway, and may have no spares available.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
you can buy some aftermarket new from ebay for $60

its got to be better than buying old almost finished ones from a wrecker

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
the motor is a bosch and stay away from the aftermarket new ones on ebay they have chopped and welded the commodore assembly onto a differant motor which is gutless and doesnt have the guts to wind the window right up.It stops about 40mm short and then just whines

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
This might be a long shot, but I've done it bfore with similar problems with finding a suitable brush. Take the disassembled motor and brush to a hardware tool retailer or repairer, eg someone who sells and/or services drills, angle grinders, etc. Ask them to see any brushes (maybe Bosch ones?) they sell as spare parts. If you're really lucky, you will find a direct replacement. If you can't, try to find one that is similar, and hand file it to the correct shape.