Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP BCM Fault??

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey had this problem for a couple weeks now. May have seen in another thread.

Basically me Climate control dont turn on all the time when u start the car.
When its not on i dont have a engine fan :O

I think it may b faulty BCM as i hear it click every couple min if the climate control isnt working, then all of a sudden it will fire up.

I thought at first it was bad connection at the batt, but sanded all connections back.

Have no idea where to look now as i dont have multimeter leads so i cant probe n check

Anyone familiar with VP calais BCM wiring??? I have diagrams but cant really work em out.

Main reason to think its faulty BCM is the clicking from it as it tries to fire up the relays.

Everything else BCM related works, auto off headlights, pwr windows, rear demist, cruse, timed interior light all work prefect, just climate control and engine fan that dont work

Any help would be awesome,

No Noob posts thanks, need definative answers.

Thanks in advance

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Cant see on the diagram where it would connect to the BCM, so i duno where to look now? relay underthe dash???

here is the diagram to cooling and climate control.

Really need this sorted it works trouble free for a day or so them bam kicks ya right in the balls n wont turn on all day...
f760555e.jpg

Bad pic ino

shane kal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7 6 speed
recheck fuse 9 the 10amp one looks like the only thing in common with the system
it does heater control relay
engine cooling fan control relay
A/C control relay
if you are losing all power to the climate control dash display then check ignition relay as it gives power to fuse 9 and the climate control dash display.
i don’t think the car would still run without the ignition relay but if you are losing all power to the climate control dash display look under the ignition relay for a lose wire
also check BCM earths there are a few