Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 Aircon Issues - 1 vacum hoses + 1 electrical

gm1961

Reaction score
Hi All

Well changing the dash heater controll on my car - 3 hours

And a few things did not go smooth - but nothing is broken

i need help on 2 issues

1- i marked 3 vacuum hoses but there is like 5 connectors on the plastic controller , the other 2 on the side are ok they were colour coded and only go one way

Does anyone have a part blow up of how to connect up the vaccum hoses to the air con controller

Now i may be bale to work it out for mysellf but the fan is not not working so i cant tell where air is being diverted to

2- i have lost fan motor , it was working with the old switch and was working as i was installing the new one - but i think i did not push the harness on fully and it may have shorted out.

Initially i found a blown fuse so i changed that, but still no fan.

There is power on the switch, power on the fuse box ( a fuse had blown ) and power to the 4 pin connector on the fan unit in the engine bay, also power to the circuit breaker which is under a black cover on the LHS guard - i did not test the relays other then tap them lightly with a screwdriver handle ) - oh the red inline fuse near the circuit breaker has power both ends

Changes are i might have dislodged something behind the dash ??? , it has me stumped as there is power at the fan , but some one did mention that maybe like the wiper motor and the horn it may be negative switched ( ie live power all the time but the switch sends a -ve)

thanks
george