Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt small electrical problems.

Ally-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Ok so my vt has been a nice reliable car nothing much goes wrong with it. Small electrical things have though. First off I blew a fuse and replaced it with the same size now my boot won't pop open with the button on the key and the lights don't flash when I unlock the car, the hazards won't even work. Second thing is my elec seat no longer works. Third thing is now on the ignition when I start the car the key won't return!!!! Ok time for my partner to get off his butt and double check the fuses do u think that's all that is causing it and also how do I go about doing the ignition??

shane kal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7 6 speed
It will most likely be a simple fuse outside of the BCM
But it could be a BCM problem or no power to the relays inside the BCM one relay flashes the blinkers on arm/disarm and hazards do you hear any sounds from under the dash when you turn hazards on?
The other relay does the boot release while sitting in your car press the boot release button do you hear any sounds?
if you do hear any sounds then the relays inside the BCM are being controlled but may be burnt out on there out puts or may not have power to or from them.
if you hear no noise then it’s possible the BCM is stuffed or the transistors that control the relays or the relays themselves are stuffed
VERY UNLIKELY to have 2 bad relays at the same time however it is possible not to have power inside the BCM controlling those relays or no power to the BCM relays
you need to try a different BCM and then just try the hazards if they work the rest will as well go and try a different BCM and see if it will control the hazards
if new BCM does you have 2 options buy the new BCM and get the key head as well or get your BCM fixed.
if new BCM doesn’t work you have a wiring problem to or from your BCM or a fuse problem again
if your BCM is stuffed i can have a look at it for you it may be a easy fix
i think it will most likely be a simple fuse though outside of the BCM

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You will need a new ignition switch for they key to return.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
If the key binds in all directions, the key cylinder is probably full of garbage.

If you can work out how to remove it, a bath in wd40 followed by some graphite should do the trick. That spring should not wear out that quickly.