Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no lights in my dash cluster!!!

vxspack2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
Hi am new to this group
I own a vx s pack series 2 had it for about 4 months and recenly my dash lights stop working. Replaced the fuses relays and pulled the dash out replaced the globes and still no luck at all. Ran out of ideas now need help asap.
Cheers

shane kal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7 6 speed
did you play around with the radio at the same time as the fault started
Do all the lights go out for everything like heater control speed alert the light switch?
i had this happen to me once i was looking for a ground wire for radio with meter found 1 wire that was ground on the meter hooked it up only to find my lights on dash didn’t work after but radio would still work
the radio was getting ground through the Ariel
And the wire i thought was ground wire was the light wire it tested as ground because the dash light globes are connected to ground i was testing a wire through the dash lights and it looked like ground to the meter but it was the dash lights wire
i had to replace the wire as i burnt it out.
also check the dimmer switch VT has one on the light switch
also if you want to test the lights on the dash find the dash light for the speed alert and find positive side of speed alert light globe and give it positive this should light all dash lights be careful to get the right wire USE a test light through the dash lights should still light the little dash lights might not be as bright but you won’t burn anything out if you get the negative wire.

tattsus

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs pursiut special
have you installed a new sound system ,if you have thats were i would start looking ,Check the harness behind the radio it has a four into one earth wiring system check its still connected,disconnection here will cause a short in your dash lights and just about everything else that has a light in it.