Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn wont start when hot

harry355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
I have vn v8 thats starts cold no problems but once engine is hot it wont start even got a new battery and same problem sounds like the battery is flat when trying to start hot got me beat big time.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Does it stall while driving?
Im not sure what V8's have.. but V6's have the crank angle sensors that fail when hot/warm..

stuntmanmike

Car wotsit & stuff
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 V6 Auto / VS BT1 5.0 / VY SV8
Loose battery cable to the starter motor or at the battery terminal? Ignition module shot?
We had the same symptoms with our VS V8 and it turned out to be a loose connection after putting in a brand new battery thinking that the alternator or battery was stuffed. It was just a loose nut on the terminal between the battery positive and the starter motor. Shortly afterwards the ignition module cacked itself followed by the distributor.
Hope that this helps. If not then perhaps its best to take your car to a decent auto electrician or mechanic to sort it out.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i replied in your other thread about it,my old vq did something similar and it was the solenoid in the starter...

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
headers cooking the starter? thats what happened to mischa's VN, the headers were melting one of the wires