Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP!!!!!! I've lost illumination on the dash and stereo!!!!

danek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost my dash illumination

I assumed that resetting the ECU on the VE Commodore Omega would be like most cars I've owned previously where you just disconnect the battery for 30 mins or so. Anyways, I ended up doing that and now I have no stereo illumination or display and the illumination on my dash is dimmed almost non-existant! Only when I put the lights on does the display computer screen light up and not even the whole dash lights up, just the speedo part the tacho stays without illumination. If it's just a fuse which one is it???????? I think whatever circuit it runs on also controls the door light in the ceiling as that does not come on now when I have the door open

Has anyone done something stupid like this before? How can I fix this? I really don't want to go to Holden as they will rip me off!

Any help much appreciated!

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
I'd check ya fuses mate...I don't own a ve but I assume it's under ya steering wheel and there should be a diagram there with it. Hope that helps

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Have you tried holding down the increase and decrese dash light buttons down for a few seconds at the same time.