Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central locking - Alarm problem

Lachiew

Reaction score
Members Ride
S 2002 commodore vy
Hi guys, I am a new poster here however I have found this site very helpful in the past for problems, I have searched around the site for this problem I have with my Commodore however I can't quite find one that fits.

I have a 2002 S commodore VY and have a bit of a twister problem that no one seems to be able to answer. As there is a wealth of knowledge here I am hoping some wizz maybe able to help me out!

The problem is:

When I lock the car with the key remote I find that after sometime the horn alarm will go off at a random time i.e 3am in the morning!!! When I get back into the car the dash reads passenger door tampered. There has been no one trying to break in however it keeps going off when the car is left. It seems like it goes off in colder temps but I could be wrong.

Is this a central locking problem or something else?

Any ideas would be largely appreciated, from me and my neighbours!

Thanks guys

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
Hey buddy EXACTLY same problem with mine! Alarm will go off shortly after i lock it or sometimes middle of the night. I have disconnected my alarm because I was sick of being woken up. However the indicators still flash as if the alarm would be going off if it was connected, which results in a flat battery after a couple of days. I can't find a solution but its most likely to e a faulty bcm, do a search for faulty bcm on google. I haven't fixed the problem yet, I'll take it to an auto elec once I get car dyno tuned and is a bit more city driving friendly after a cam swap. Maybe another option is ring Holden and ask what they think? Let me know how you go

Lachiew

Reaction score
Members Ride
S 2002 commodore vy
Yea thanks mate, glad to no I'm not the only one haha. Yea keep me posted on how you get on to

Cheers