Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy blaupunkt troubles! help

Influx69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS - 280rwkw
Hey guys, having some major troubles with my stock vy ss headunit. Was wiring up my subwoofer, took the headunit out, climate control and a few other bits and pieces. Put everything back together and now the headunit won't illuminate or play any sound at all. Just makes some faint weired sound. What would this be? Should I take it to jbhifi or something ?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
did u removed the plug from the back of the craddle 2 do any work 2 the wiring at all? if so make sure it has been clipped back into the craddle properly or the unit will just push it back out and not make a connection

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
I had troubles with my last VY stereo...when I used the buttons on the steering wheel it would do the opposite. For example up would go down etc...last car it had to be fixed. I think this new VY may have done the same thing the other day....I wasnt paying close attention. Why do they seem to have problems..its really annoying :(

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Make sure the plugs are seating properly and that the speaker outputs aren't shorting out.

I had troubles with my last VY stereo...when I used the buttons on the steering wheel it would do the opposite. For example up would go down etc...last car it had to be fixed. I think this new VY may have done the same thing the other day....I wasnt paying close attention. Why do they seem to have problems..its really annoying :(
The steering controls are a resistive circuit. They are connected to the headunit with only 2 wires, so when you press a button the resistance changes and it knows which button you are pressing. If the switch contacts are dirty or there is a loose plug the buttons will be jumbled up.