Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A mate gave me this

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
its a black light with the wires still attached and i was considering putting it in the vz but i wasnt sure where to attach it to. I want it to be controlled by a switch (which i will buy if this is possible) and have it mounted above the footwell most likely on the passenger side under glove box, and have the switch in the centre console. Any advise or possibly a way to do it?

cheers

[SS 098]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
I have two black/uv lights that i'm going to mount into my c pillars as courtesy lights in the rear. I was just going to tap into my interior light power so it comes on when i unlock the car/open the door etc.

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
that gave me an idea ,how would you wire it in? crimp to the original wires that run the interior?

[SS 098]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
Depending on the way it's wired in to begin with, can't say i've had the interior light apart to check but if it was just a basic circuit to the main globe i'd solder a couple of wires to the back of the light where the pins that hold the globe are connected to the switch. with the wires connected straight to those pins it will give you all your normal functions as if it was a standard interior light. Be cautious though as if the wire to the original light is thin it may not carry enough current for much more in the way of lighting. in that case you may want to run a relay off of the interior light pins and get the source for your new light straight from the battery. Don't want wires melting in your roof liner from too much current.