Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fusible link

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
What is it?
I'm looking at a wiring diagram for my '78 holden Kingswood..And Wire from the Startermotor to the Fuse panel inside the car has a 'fusible link' just after the Starter motor.. Looking at the wire I can see it, but it looks so weird..
So what is it.. and can I get one from a Auto Electricians?

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
What is it?
I'm looking at a wiring diagram for my '78 holden Kingswood..And Wire from the Startermotor to the Fuse panel inside the car has a 'fusible link' just after the Starter motor.. Looking at the wire I can see it, but it looks so weird..
So what is it.. and can I get one from a Auto Electricians?

Fusible links are often a short piece of wire, that act like a fuse. They are generally included to prevent gross current flows from your vehicle battery as a result of short circuits occuring from major vehicle trauma, eg, a bad accident. They are designed to 'fuse' (hence their name) in event of a major short circuit, and hopefully prevent at least one ignition source from possibly starting a fire, injuring emergency personnel at an accident, etc.