Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP V8 Cruise into VK with Injected 5L

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Hi,
I am planning on fitting cruise of of a VP Calais to my VK, works way better than the original VK setup. I have been reading Volume 7 of the VN Service manual

Dash switches wont be a problem, They are positive switched
Mounting it and connecting it up wont be a problem
Brake & clutch pedal switches wont be a problem I might connect up a 5th gear switch via a vacume switch so when in 5th gear and Zero vacume occurs cruise will switch off to protect 5th gear down the track.

Questions :-
Problem I have is the speedo sensor
I understand the factory ECU receives a signal from the gearbox speed sensor via the dash cluster, so my ECU received the correct signal I used a a modified sensor that has the divide by 5 circuit built into it.

Question - Does the Cruise control module receive a signal direct from the gearbox speed sensor or a modified signal from the dash cluster? Before I start connecting it all up and fitting it I want to make sure I cover all my problems before they arise

Next
Looking at the circuit diagrams for the cruise control there is a resistor between the poles of the output side of the on/off switch to the set & resume switches
Question - Anyone know the value?

cheers
Scott

Last edited:

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I'm not exactly sure, but I do believe the resistor in my Indicator stalk for the cruise control is 470Ω 5% for the resistor value..

Last edited: