Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard Lights VT Executive

wheelbarrowvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon 2002
I bought a 2001 VT wagon 2nd hand off a dealer. I have had a string of issues which are being worked out. But one issue I can't figure out. Indicators work fine. Hazards don't. Now I'm not sure but when I lock and the car by remote the hazards don't flash, should they?

What could the problem be? I just need some direction before I rip the dash out and break things I don't need to break.

Oh, and my heater control. Cold is cold 3 clicks clockwise it's Sahara Mid-Summer. What up with that?

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
The hazard flasher is probably a separate unit to the indicators. Try cleaning & replugging it, then maybe replacing it.

Heater? Most common problem is that it doesn't work?!?

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
no the hazard and indicators are the same unit, if your hazard light wiring etc is ####ed, your indicators wont work.

have you looked at the fuse? under the steering wheel to see if its blown?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
there are 2 fuses for hazards and indicators, so make sure the hazard fuse isnt blown.
heater problem could be a faulty heater tap under the bonnet

wheelbarrowvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon 2002
Sweet, I'll check out the fuse tomorrow. I checked the fuses under the bonnet, but hey who knew there was a fuse under the steering wheel. Not me.
I'll inspect the heater tap, after Googling what a heater tap is.

wheelbarrowvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon 2002
Ok. direct under the steering wheel there is "the thing that looks like it could take a fuse" but there are no fuses in it. I tried the small blade fuses (10amp), no dice, it's too big. What kind of fuse should it be?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i hope your not talking about the diagnostic plug lol, you have to pull the large panel under the steering wheel down, then inside you will see all the fuses

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
i hope your not talking about the diagnostic plug lol, you have to pull the large panel under the steering wheel down, then inside you will see all the fuses

yeah, the fuse panel cover meets at the bottom of the steering column, and there will be a little gap you can stick ur finger in to pry it off. its on hinges so it'll swing down and there's the fuse panel under there.