Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY DRL Install I need advice

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
tomorrow i plan to install some DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) on my vy commodore... any tips on what to plug it into... the goal is to have them on when i start the car and off when i turn off the car...

if there is any legal issues doing it that way please let me know...

pictures will be a big help if possible

thanks

Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
Thinking if it that turns out to hard... I’ll just hook them up to the small light thing in the middle bottom of the vy headlights

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
So you want your VY to look like all those tossbag euro flubs out there.?!? Shame

Just take a feed from your "ACC" to your (not even slightly rank) running lights and earth them. QED

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
lol...

well they are round and they go into the fog light holes on a ss bumper... will look no different...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
could someone point me in the direction of a diagram.. or location of the acc wire

thanks

ozzy

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
I think the closest point is from your fuse box in the engine bay, get a test light, turn your ign to acc and see what is an acc wire, otherwise ya fuse box under your steering wheel is the next best bet, just use your test light again to find the acc wire, make sire its not a constant though

Other than that you could hook it up to your parkers

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Also I'm pretty sure by law your not aloud to have them... But if i got busted for them in my defence I would make a point that all cars by law (pretty sure) must have them to improve visibility to others, so by me installing them I am also simply improving my visibility and saftey on the roads.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
the lights im installing have their own fuse so i can just cram them in the acc fuse hole and put the acc fuse over the top? how do fuses work is one power and 1 ground or??

edit.. looking at the owners manual... there is no acc fuse in the engin bay

edit again... ah bugger it... ill just connect it to the parkers

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
well fitted my new bumper... has no holden logo on the grille... tried to take the one off from the original grille but would not come off... so got to add that to my shopping list... drl's are not wired up... still looking for a little help on where to hook them upto... but thinking of just buying a switch for it... here is a few pics... of my "bogan" vy lumina/s hybird

IMG_20110910_154239s.jpg

IMG_20110910_154250s.jpg

IMG_20110910_154335s.jpg

IMG_20110910_154507s.jpg

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Something tells me it's a Holden?