Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Climate Control panel in VY SS - WAIT READ ON BEFORE YOU CAN THIS IDEA...

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I know doing the conversion from the 3 knobs to the climate control in a vy/vz is always being canned because of costs and labour etc, but what if we go about it in a different way?

What i'm hoping to achieve is basically install the climate control Electronic face in my car but have it wired up to operate basically in a similar way the 3 dials work. So i know the climate control temp will not work, due to its missing sensors which will not be installed - i dont really care about that, so sensors and a bcm upgrade will not be neccesary, but isnt it possible for an auto elec to wire up the facure of the climate control to do ONLY the basic functions?? Heat/AC Fan speed??

Just had an idea if it is possible, as i hate the idea of the 3 manual dials... feels cheap in an SS.

Can it be done? or am i a mile off...

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
it would require a lot of work mate, fan speeds and AC on would be simple enough but for air directions you would need some sort of actuator to move the vacuum lines....it would look sweet but i think it may be alot of work