Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Basics of Indicators/ hazard lights

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Hey..
Just trying to work out how 'hazards' work.. I want to experiment.. is there anything special apart from a relay, switches, lights and wires?
Could I get a wiring Diagram or such? Ive tried google but it didnt help..

Thanks

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Think of the "switch" as the thing on the steering column.

It selects a side of the car to flash. In parallel with this switch is the hazard one which selects both sides of the car.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Think of the "switch" as the thing on the steering column.

It selects a side of the car to flash. In parallel with this switch is the hazard one which selects both sides of the car.

Yeah, Think Ive got my head around it.. Last time I tried it.. I think I tried to jump into both wires with one wire that just activated both indicators next time you went to use the left indicator..
Need to get an actual switch that puts power out to both without using the same powersource.. so it wont back trace next time you use the indicators

Cheers mate

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Need to get an actual switch that puts power out to both without using the same powersource.. so it wont back trace next time you use the indicators

WH Statesman has an indicator switch with two sets of contacts, one for indicators, one for cornering lights.