Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Intake Sensor VR Calais

daniel199260

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 SII
hi guys

looking for the air intake temp sensor on VR calais V6
and before you ask, Yes, i am trying out the dodgy performance chip from ebay, i know everyone is saying its Crap, but i guess its one of those things id like to see for my self.
anyways
everyone is saying the is a 2 wired plug on the back of inlet manifold for the VR's, but all im seeing is a 4 wired plug n cant see a 2 wire anywhere.
so is it possible for someone with VR to post a pic of where it is? would be appreciated.

and i have a question about them,
i know the chip just makes the car pump out more fuel which would be useless without more air pumping through to equal out the air/fuel ratio, but would smaking on a pod filter or something that will allow more air through make a difference?

Thanks

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
At the back of the intake manifold on the drivers side

It's not really a "chip" you'd get the same effect if you soldered a resistor in series with the mat sensor to scew it's output values and trick the ecu into thinking the air temp is colder than what it is essentially just running a richer mix. Fit a better breathing exhaust and a cai will give you better results.

mat1.jpg
mat2.jpg

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
It's been said that the stock air filter will be able to flow more than enough air for a stock motor.

Ideally you'd get the intake air cooler. You can get a pre made CAI which attaches to the airbox with some modification, or make your own CAI which attaches to the stock airbox, or even whack on a pod, and build an enclosure around it.