Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ centre console: Acc power to constant power.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Quick question. Today I wired up a 12v accessory plug into the boot of the wagon. I've got a double-adapter plugged into the 12v socket in the centre console, then one wire running down the side of the console, under the rear carpet, then up the side of the boot area into the pocket where the trailer plug sits.

Anyway, as some would know, the 12v plug in the centre console is hooked up to acc/ignition power only. I'd like to know if anyone has any idea of an easy way to convert this to constant power i.e. direct from the battery?

Thanks,
Luke.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Run a fused wire direct from the battery would be my suggestion. I would also fit a circuit breaker so it cuts power in case of a short.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Yeah, seems like the best idea. I'm actually thinking of just leaving the current 12v plug as it is, and wiring a new separate accessory lead into the rear.

Few metres of cable, an inline fuse and auto-reset circuit breaker, some terminals/connectors...seems easy enough :p

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Just finished wiring it up direct to the battery. All is working well, and nothing has blown up or caught fire...yet.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Just finished wiring it up direct to the battery. All is working well, and nothing has blown up or caught fire...yet.
Nothing will ignite if your fuse is an appropriate size.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.