Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore 1996 - neons instalation!

jake3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs sedan 1996
i want to install neons in the front seats of my vs, but first - i dont know how ( haha ) and second, mu cigarette lighter doesnt work.
i wanna first make my cigarette lighter work, so any ideas on whats wrong?, yes i have checked the fuse and replaced it just in case with a new one. . .

and how would i find the the cigarette lighter wires and how would i connect them to my neons ( btw, my neons have only a cigarette connection on the end so i will have to cut them off somewhere lol )

thanks for any help guyz :)

Last edited:

Vx_man123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Acclaim Wagon
Hey, I recently installed neons in my car and what I did was cut the cigarette lighter off and tap them wires into the wires that light up the P,R,N,D,3,2,1 next to the gear stick. I thought this would of been a better option rather than the cigarette lighter because these lights only come on when I turn my headlights on so it is a bit of a waste having them on all the time. To get to the wires you might have to remove a couple bits of plastic but I am sure that there are plenty of threads explaining how to do that for your particular car