Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T56 into VN wiring

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
As the title sugests ive got a T56 thats going into a VN.

Now im pretty sure I can work out the reverse light and lock out solnoid. But how do i get the right speed signal to the vn computer? Ive heard about using a auto speed sensor and converters etc but not sure how to do it.

Thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
does a t56 have provision to put the same speed sensor in as a t5...vn/p t5s seem to use the same speed sensor circuit as the autos...3 wires go to the sensor ...positive 12v on pink/blue and negative on a black/white and the last wire goes to the speedo head as a violet/white wire and the signal is used to show speed on the speedo face and also converted to feed from the speedo head to the ecu on a brown/yellow wire to terminal A10 of the ecm
Its only on the vr/s that the speed sensor circuit is different autos to manuals where they have different computers.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Nuh the T56 uses a induction sensor and the T5 uses a hal effect sensor driven by a gear.

Not sure on the auto's tho but I think they wouldnt be different considering its the same computer in VN's. Ill have to talk to Dick from Dicks Electronics about it most likely.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Just pull a Dan...............................and use a GPS ;)