Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Wiring Messed with after all the stereo was stripped! Why??

tristan1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys,
New to the forum. Hi!
Basically i have a VT commodore that has a VX rear conversion, (boot lights etc..) and recently had my whole stereo stripped,
Dual Din Kenwood DVD, Sub & Amp etc.
Sadly the battery ran out in my key fob and i hadn't replaced it yet, seems someone saw me lock it with the key and saw a great opportunity (low lifes :( )
Ahh well i stuffed up, kill em with kindness!

My question is it looks as though they messed with the boot wiring. Was this to disable the alarm? Short it out so it didnt go off?
It appears they entered via the boot but cannot find any markings from tools on doors, windows or the boot!

Any ideas?
Im stuffed trying to re wire it as its not standard and i bought it like this. Probably need a auto elec to re wire it but ill do some research first.
Thanks guys!

tristan1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
thats what i thought.. But cannot understand why else they would have done it?! arghhh

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
To make your life miserable. Why else would people break into cars. When they smashed mine the cost of the window was more than the cost of what they took. :-\

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
When they took the head unit out and were cutting the wires they coulda snipped the 12v boot wire
Have a look for 2 loose wires