Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs no power to fuel solenoid relay

hildahoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive wagon s2
Twice recently my car would not start after i had briefly stopped. (The engine was hot)
The car would turn over fine but wouldn't even attempt to fire. When it happened today I had an electrical meter in the car. There was no power going to the fuel solenoid coil with the ignition on. So I bridged the contacts and the fuel pump came on. however the car would still not start.
Then it suddenly came good and started. I have a manual but what brings on the fuel solenoid it is not clear on my drawing.
can anyone help

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The ECU controls the fuel pump relay. If something goes wrong with the ECU, and it cant turn on the fuel pump for whatever reason, then the fuel pump will get its power supplied from the oil pressure sensor switch, but this doesnt happen until the oil pressure is up and the oil pressure light on the dash is extinguished, so you may find you have to wind the starter motor over heaps longer than usual before the car starts if the ECU is faulty and is not turning on the fuel pump when its supposed to. Also check the 10 amp fuel pump fuse, which is located in the fuse box under the bonnet. Id also try replacing or swapping around the fuel pump relay with another relay, just to see if that could be the problem.