Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Only starts in diagnostics mode ????

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
hey guys just put a lower km motor in my car i used the computer and bcm i already had just swaped out motor and auto i now have a problem where the car will only start in diagnostics mode and when in diagnostics but i dont start it there is no fault codes showing the engine light just stays on but if i start it there is not engine light on any ideas ???

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
key head is still the same programed to the bcm and computer thats in there

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
check all the plugs, ground points, if in doubt dc them make sure they're clean, not corroded or bent pins causing a bad connection.... dfi module, crank sensor, oil switch & main gnd from batt to engine block? you only swapped the motor so it's possibly a bad connection somewhere.... maybe a bad sensor in the donor engine

Last edited:

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
done all the checks on every connection and wire engine ran fine in donor car and i drove it to work in diagnostics mode and back no issue everything worked fine i had a tech 2 tool pluged in and it came up with security and stuck in 3rd but again all works 100% in diagnostics go figure