Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy bcm & ecu problem

grantmu1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Series 2
hey guys i have a vy stock manual. well about a week ago i went to my car and tried to unlock it but nothing happened. so i put the key in the door and unlocked it that way, setting off the alarm. i figured if i put the key in the ignition it would stop but it didnt. so i quickly disconnected the horn so the noise would stop. now the hazards are going off every time i open the door and the car will only start for about a second then die.

so i was certain it was the bcm or keyhead, so i purchased a new bcm and key head from a wreckers. but its still doing the same thing. because apparently the bcm and ecu's in vy's need to be linked.

so my question is, because i have a vs manual ecu and loom at home, if i put the vs ecu in my vy will the vy bcm work ok with it? will i loose anything electrically? also will a vs loom fit straight to a vy motor?
Any help would be much appreciated as i cant find this info anywhere! Cheers

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
no, you will need a VY ECU.

any auto elec/mechanic with a decent scan tool should be able to program the two together for you.

if the BCM and key are linked and the central locking isn't working, i'd suggest you have other issues.