Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

abs diagnostic wont work

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
hi guys ive bought a vr statesman the abs off light is on, bridging pins 5 and 12 wont work, i payed to have it put on a computer, it says failed to connect, they told me the prob would be in the abs unit in engine bay i changed it last night and still the abs off light is on, can someone steer me in the right direction please

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
if it won't connect to the abs using a scan tool, i'd be checking all the fuses, also there is a reverse polarity protection relay under the steering wheel for abs, try swapping this out with another one (needs to be a reverse protection relay - try wreckers).

if this is all good, i'd be check for power, ignition and earth at the module, and/or just replace the module, which is behind the drivers side kick panel.

the unit under the bonnet won't cause a no comms problem.

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
arhhhhh

any pics of module in kick panel and or relay under steering wheel, abs unit in engine bay has power to everything

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
nope. but relay is not with other relays under there, it is on a brakcet that is attached the metal beam that the cover hinges off.

you won't be able to miss the module if you pull the kick panel. it's in the same spot the ECU is, but other side of car.

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
you legend, on the metal bit with hinges mine has 3 relays there and one loose green plug? i bought the car like this so i dont no what its for?

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
abs

ok found the module just need to find that relay! do you know the colour of the wires??

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
Where is this relay lol? I have changed the unit in kick panel and still no difference?
nope. but relay is not with other relays under there, it is on a brakcet that is attached the metal beam that the cover hinges off.

you won't be able to miss the module if you pull the kick panel. it's in the same spot the ECU is, but other side of car.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
you legend, on the metal bit with hinges mine has 3 relays there and one loose green plug? i bought the car like this so i dont no what its for?

That green plug may be the ABS diagnostic plug. See how you go with (checking?) the brake switch but I'll have a look (when I can) at accessing the ABS codes via that plug.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Nope. BCM diagnostic connector.