Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fan speed resistor speed

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I couldn't find anything about this. but when I first got the car it had 2 fan speeds.. so replaced that, Before I decided to replace it I was looking the new 'card' type fan speed resistors.. But thought they'd be the same as the cage typed resistor..

What I wanna know. Would getting a card type make the fan speeds 'faster', I know it's prob a bad idea comparing with a VX but compared to a vx my fan speeds are ****! Was in a VX fans were on low.. Most vents were open and I was sitting in the back.. the air coming out of the back vents was so much better than mine are even if I had full speed.. and front vents shut with the settings on 'face' it would not blow the same kind of air that the vx did..

So would changing the Fan Speed resistor to a 'card' typed resistor help at all? or would I need to have 'climate control' to enjoy better air?
cheers

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
The main problem here is, when the fan is set to max, it isnt using any of the resistors, its getting straight power. So in short no... changing the resistor won't do a thing.

blower fan.jpg

Last edited:

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
The main problem here is, when the fan is set to max, it isnt using any of the resistors, its getting straight power. So in short no... changing the resistor won't do a thing.

Awh really? that sucks.
cheers man..