Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Stereo sometimes staying on

adldata

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
Hi to everyone - just got an Omega Wagon (2008) model in January. Of recent we have noticed that the car stereo is staying on sometimes after the key is removed from the ignition and the door is opened.

I tried to tonight to just lock up the car and see what happened but 20 minutes later the radio is still going - the interior light was not on however. This has happened a few times recently. I cannot seem to find a button that tells the car the door is open so not sure how this all works.

Car still has extended holden warranty but just wanted to see if anyone could point us in the right direction as to what specifically to advise the dealership about.

We did have a Parrot system put in around 3 months ago but the issue has only started occurring 2 weeks ago. The company that put the Parrot in are a leading installer group in Adelaide (Tonkins)so not backyarders.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The door switch is part of the latch assy. If you open the door and flick the latch across it will think the door is closed.

Interior light times out after a while from memory so it could be the door switch.

adldata

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
Follow up - thanks for the reply Ricey - ok so the light comes on as soon as you take the key out of the ignition barrel - then open the door and sometimes stereo stays on. New issue tonight - wife says she started the car ENGINE LIGHT came one while idling and brake pedal felt hard to push. She turned it off, restarted it - no light - brake pedal fine. MY08 model so I am guessing it's not the stretched chain issue but not sure at this stage what could be. Taking into local holden dealer on Wednesday so we'll see then. Not related you'd think?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Sounds like there was no brake booster assistance. Best to get the DTCs read to get some clues.

Unlikely to be linked to the original fault.

adldata

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
Just to follow up in case anyone saw this and wanted to know outcome. The stereo not turning off issue is a Door Actuator issue - cost $102 to fix this (75% of cost kicked in by Holden as "goodwill") . The computer has not logged any errors however relating to the ENGINE LIGHT/Brake pedal problem so at this stage that is a mystery. I did ask wife if she did actually start the car which she claims 100% that she had.

brente1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just to follow up in case anyone saw this and wanted to know outcome. The stereo not turning off issue is a Door Actuator issue - cost $102 to fix this (75% of cost kicked in by Holden as "goodwill") .

Was the $102 after holden kicked in their bit, or prior?

parramatta hox

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve vs6 sportswagon
To black out the radio- tap the two dimmer buttons + - together at the same time, located under the headlight switch.

This should temporarily solve the problem thus insuring that you won't flatten your battery when you leave the car.

The door actuator is definitely the problem.

Last edited: