Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diagnostic Connector Terminal pinout Different VS to VY Why??

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I have a Tech 2 Scan tool which will power up when connected to a VY Diagnostic connector , however when I connect it to a VS Diagnostic connector it will not power up . I did some investigating & found that pins 4 & 5 on the VS connector are the Negative & Serial Data pins respectively that you jump to read the error codes, but on the VY it is pins 5 & 6 on the connector . Obviously the Tech 2 tool is not getting the earth when plugged into the VS connector to allow it to power up. Has anyone come across this with the Tech 2 tool , do you need to have a different adaptor for a VS to a VY??? As pin 6 on the VS connector is a blank, I thought that I would simply move each VS pin across by one, to make them pin 5 & 6 on the connector & see if the Tech 2 will power up. What do you think guys????

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
cos vy use different communication systems to the vs, more pinouts in the DLC... and the tech 2 wont talk to the vs even if it did power up, it doesnt have the software loaded back that far

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Boonz- What about if the VS is the Supercharged V6 ECU /BCM??? My vehicles are both S/Charged V6's which I thought are identical thru VS VT VX VY , series,.....

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyway I tried it - It didnt work , I will have to get a Tech 2 card for VS supercharged.