Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 issues

sv647

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04' VZ SV6
Hi Guys,

I own a VZ SV6 '04' 5spd semi auto,
was great to start with , awesome car, i still love it ........... but now i hate it also
I have come across problem after problem with cars so went out and bought this as i didn't wanna drive bombs around anymore, now the car has sucked all my cash up, and i find it difficult to get things done to it as $$ is scarce . i am trying to resusitate an old 'bomb' atm so i dont need to drive commodore all the time

I had the transmission replaced last year ($1500), and then had the ring gear go about 4 months ago ($400),

And now I am having some electrical issues that i need help with if anyone has experiences with this sort of thing

SVS coming up on my dash all the time, had it checked and was told 2 sensors may need replacing both oil related, one being for the oil pressure..
are the oil sensors a common problem?

CHECK POWERTRAIN - has been coming up for about 2-3 weeks now, reset ecu removes this warning temporarily
Is there any know reason why this is coming up?

blinkers get stuck on when locking and unlocking car, have blown maybe 6 of the same globes in 3 weeks- been told BCM needs replacing

At low revs full throttle car splutters alot, not so much on hot days, was thinking something is wrong with exhaust for it to do that as it feels like when it shutters/splutters it is restricted?

And last but not least in the last week the car has started to make a whining noise which i think is coming from the engine.......somedays louder then others but so far no real pattern

all mods to car where done by previous owner, full 2.5inch exhaust,headers, ss induction, tune
any ideas? similar incidences with your car?

got full compo
Contemplating rapping it round a pole/ leaving car door unlocked in footscray/broady lol poormansjokes
Any help is appreciated

sv647

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04' VZ SV6
anyone able to help............................................................................................

sv647

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04' VZ SV6
clearly this site is nothing like Ozhonda, where people fall over themselves to help,

bb4infinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Sedan
clearly this site is nothing like Ozhonda, where people fall over themselves to help,

Hi sv647,

I have plenty of BCM relays available that will solve the sticking indicator problem. I have sent you a PM with details.
You can SMS or call me on 0425824333 if you wish to buy one.
Cheers, Rodney.

sv647

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04' VZ SV6
Thanks Mate will be in touch

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hi Guys,

I own a VZ SV6 '04' 5spd semi auto,
was great to start with , awesome car, i still love it ........... but now i hate it also
I have come across problem after problem with cars so went out and bought this as i didn't wanna drive bombs around anymore, now the car has sucked all my cash up, and i find it difficult to get things done to it as $$ is scarce . i am trying to resusitate an old 'bomb' atm so i dont need to drive commodore all the time

I had the transmission replaced last year ($1500), and then had the ring gear go about 4 months ago ($400),

And now I am having some electrical issues that i need help with if anyone has experiences with this sort of thing

SVS coming up on my dash all the time, had it checked and was told 2 sensors may need replacing both oil related, one being for the oil pressure..
are the oil sensors a common problem?

CHECK POWERTRAIN - has been coming up for about 2-3 weeks now, reset ecu removes this warning temporarily
Is there any know reason why this is coming up?

blinkers get stuck on when locking and unlocking car, have blown maybe 6 of the same globes in 3 weeks- been told BCM needs replacing

At low revs full throttle car splutters alot, not so much on hot days, was thinking something is wrong with exhaust for it to do that as it feels like when it shutters/splutters it is restricted?

And last but not least in the last week the car has started to make a whining noise which i think is coming from the engine.......somedays louder then others but so far no real pattern

all mods to car where done by previous owner, full 2.5inch exhaust,headers, ss induction, tune
any ideas? similar incidences with your car?

got full compo
Contemplating rapping it round a pole/ leaving car door unlocked in footscray/broady lol poormansjokes
Any help is appreciated

Oil pressure sensors very common and will throw the SVS warning.

Blinkers stuck on ^^^what he said

Spluttering at low revs could be anything, check for vacuum leaks or air leaks anywhere along the intake piping up to the throttle body.

Whining noise could be a pulley bearing starting to fail.

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
I know this is a old post but if anyone has had similar problems its me .... Got car at 52 thousand on the lock and all the problems started at around 80 thousand up and still more are happening but I guess it's with age now coz she's upto 130 thousand ....... But in relation to the spluttering I had similar experience and it turned out to be the coil packs .... Also becoz I went on a hunt changing other things and the coil packs were fried for so long it cost me new 02 sensors and then the 02 sensors costs me new cat converters .... I havnt had a problem with oil or oil pressure , I did replace my oil pressure sensor though coz I had SVS come up on cluster ..... Iv replaced water pump and o rings in the water outlet pipe because I thought it was leaking but turned out to be the thermo housing leaking and pooling up then dripping down the front , iv replaced the radiator becoz it blew as I was told the system doesn't need to be bled but then Found out on here you can bleed the system .... Just replaced the ignition barrel as it died and couldn't get the car started ...... Ill continue doing all the work I can to my car from now on becoz I don't trust mechanics and what they tell me coz its costed me more money ....