Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP sII no power to fuel pump

sirsmokeallot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
A couple of weeks ago i was driving home and the car stalled and would turn over but not start, got the RAA down to diagnose, and he said that the fuel pump nees to be replaced. when u turn the ignition on, u could not here the fuel pump engage.
So i replaced the fuel pump, and tested out the old one that i pulled out and it still works! wtf

What ive tested so far....
#Ran i self diagnosis and got 12 Satisfactory operation (alltho i did this after having replaced the old fuel pump and the battery negitive was disconnected during, so probably lost all previous codes)
#checked fuses, all good
#Bridge terminals D and B to a test light. it illuminated for 2 seconds so fuel pump relay and fuel pump circit are working. (i think)
#Bridge terminals C and D and turned ignition on-fuel pump still didnt work
#disconnected wiring connector near the Fuel gauge sender unit and tested that with a lamp, and C and D bridged and test lamp worked, was getting power.

Furthermore, I have also tried to bypass computer and give power straight to the pump (the purple wire) and no power to the fuel pump at all

Any ideas on what to do next, please help me out! no power to the pump, but power down there (connector at sender unit) when i bridge D and B on Diagnose connector, i dont get it!

Thankyou for your time.

Last edited:

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
When You turn ign on the pump will only run for 2 secs, then it stops, until you go to "start engine" ie it only runs continuously when engine is running.