Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L3 Loom and Cluster into VS exec series 2

Daz750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series SV6
Ok, i have read all the threads etc on L2 loom splicing etc and now realise after checking the colors that the loom i bought is actually the L3 loom. I have put the loom in and everything seems to be working so far. I have a strange problem with the dash lights. When the headlight switch is off, the dash lights are on and when i turn the switch on they go off. If i unplug the connector 4 plug it stays off. Is there a fix for this, as i am very reluctant to pull the loom out and put the old one in as it got hacked up getting it out. I also tried another BCM i have which i believe to be from a Statesman (supercharged one), but the car would not start at all.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The head light switch is wired different to the L2 as is the A/C. The L3 loom will be missing the shielded resistance wire for the lights. You will need to change every thing over to get it to work. Lights switch, BCM and so on. :)

Daz750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series SV6
Looks like i will repair the old loom i pulled out and do the patch and swap them. Should be easier the second time around, you learn some good tricks that way i guess.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Looks like i will repair the old loom i pulled out and do the patch and swap them. Should be easier the second time around, you learn some good tricks that way i guess.

The L2 is the easiest way to go about the L3 upgrade - and often the cheapest. If you have a speed alert L2 loom start by taping the switch block plugs together and run the L3 wires from there to just past the head light and C2 &C3 plugs - from there all the wires should line up spot on when you put the loom back in.