Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] Marker/turn signal/head lamp wiring

zinn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac GTO & Chevy Lumina SS
Long time troller, 4th time poster.
I have an '07 Lumina SS here (in Bahrain) and I want to import it into the U.S. One of the safety requirements to import the car is to have marker/parking lights that are capable of steady illumination, not just as a turn indicator/blinker. Currently the VE has a very dim 'steady on' light in the headlamp housing. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a DRL or not, but it is always on. If I have the headlamp switch turned to the first setting (would be referred to as parking lights only in the U.S.), those dim lights are on. I need the indicators/blinkers to be 'steady on', when turned to the first (headlamp switch) position and still be able to blink when I turn on the corresponding indicator. I have already purchased some new headlamps (SPYDER® - Black Projector Headlights with LED DRL), as the ones currently on the car are a bit weathered and I want to get rid of the dim DRL.

Short version...I need to enable the indicators to be 'steady on', when not "indicating". The LEDs will be used as DRLs. In order to do this, I need either a wiring diagram or someone to "talk" me through it.

Hope that all makes sense. Thanks in advance.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The VE is sold in the US as a Pontiac so a simple reprogram of the BCM module at a Pontiac dealer should bring it into spec with US requirements.

zinn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac GTO & Chevy Lumina SS
Thanks for the response. I will have to wait till I get stateside to do that.