Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU Swap.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
I am having idle problems with my VX Commodore Series 2 Executive V6 Auto. In an attempt to identify the source of the bad idle i am wondering if I can swap the ECU with another Vx Executive V6 without any issues?? (ECU that sits in the passenger foot well wall compartment). Does it matter if the ECU is from a series 1 or 2 as long as its Auto and V6?

I've pulled my ECU out before without any issues but have never swapped it before. I am aware there is numerous other things I should be looking at in relation to bad idle however my bad Idle maybe due to a after market tune with my ECU and I wanted to see if a stock ECU will change the bad idle.

Cheers in advance.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
you will need to swap both the ecu and bcm's as they are linked and the vats wont be disabled in the new ecu without the bcm being linked to it. you would also have to swap the remote over.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Thank you Maginoodle for your reply. I'll look else where in my engine bay to try and solve my issues.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
ECU AN BCM LINKED on a vx???on a vr they aren't i changed mine with out issues.
yes-from vt onwards they are linked and cant be used unless you have the capability to link them. holden do this with tech2