Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM draining battery

Roland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim S2
There is something draining the battery on my 2000 VT when the car is off. I hooked a multimeter to the battery to measure the current draw and pulled fuses at the same time. when i pull the bcm fuse half of the current draw goes away and then when i pull the power door lock fuse the rest of the draw goes away. When the doors are locked the current draw doubles to 400mA. Is there some sort of fault in the bcm that is causing this to happen?

Roland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim S2
I am having battery issues. The car sat for a week with a brand new battery in it and was so flat by the end of the week that the lights on the dash barely lit. Half an amp seems like way to much current to be drawn when the car is off and I have another commodore that i checked the current draw on and it was nothing. There is also this aftermarket alarm system that is wired into the bcm's wiring so maybe that could be the problem.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mate I had a battery drain issue up 'til last week. It would take my D34 Optima from full to 10.5V in 24hours of doing nothing. Took it to the auto-sparky, they found that the aftermarket alarm was doing crazy **** to the BCM. Making the relays for some reason drain heaps of power. Disconnected the alarm, and all fine.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
i would say its the atermarket alarm. the BCM drain goes away after 20 minutes or so usually.

that would also explain the difference when locked or unlocked.

possible to pull the fuses on the wiring for the alarm?

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Just ditch the alarm. You have answered your own question.

Roland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim S2
Thanks guys I will have a good look at it today, doesnt look to hard to remove its just spliced into the bcm wiring.