Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cluster dimmer switch

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Not sure which model the feature is in, but in VX's (and above, i guess), there is a switch that lets you toggle between dim and bright cluster backlighting.
Will this be a 2-stage switch and able to also work as a switch for power on/off for a wire that i could splice behind the switch?

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
So i could splice into that wire to use it as a power switch for interior lights? Or would it cause the interior lights to act the same as the cluster, being bright or dim instead of off or on?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
im not sure if this will help. but

in my VS ute i have the light switch part next to the cluster. for brightness.
but when i click it all the way up it turns on the interior light (other way is to open the door/s)

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
im not sure if this will help. but
Did not help at all! Nah haha it did kinda thanks, i was thinking of having an invisible switch, not keen on cutting holes in the dash for extra ricer switches and crap, and i never use the cluster dim toggle so i thought i could use that.

@Wamboin, im guessing a data line doesnt work the same way as a normal power line? As in, i wouldnt be able to splice into it?