Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kb27 rodeo problems

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi All,

I got a kb27 rodeo given to me in a deal not long back. It has a petrol motor in it.The alt light stays on and it also keeps the two relays latched. I have disconected the top wire from the alt which has stopped the alt light working and it also stopped the relays being latched.It has a ingram regulator.
Now i dont know if it is related(probably is) but the ignition switch has been broken prior to me getting it and an aftermarket one put in. It had 5 pins like the original but i am not sure if the pin setup is the same.
The aftermarket one has- +ve in, ignition,acc,starter and earth. This was hooked up when i got it.
The original ign had- +ve in,ignition,acc,starter and one marked R which i dont know what it stand for.
The wire that goes to it doesnt have power or earth at it while the motor is on or off.

I am not sure if the alt is charging yet as i wont be able to put a multimeter on it until probably next monday. I suspect it isnt charging because in those older cars when you pull a battery lead off while the motor is going it would stay going but this shuts off.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?Or what the R stans for and what it should be hooked up to?
The fix doesnt have to be pretty as i want to use it as a yard car and i just want it to charge.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Shane