Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car alarm going off really quietly ALL THE TIME

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
It's the (factory option?) little black siren box that sits under the bonnet of so many commodores, this particular one in a VN.

It goes off siren style (constant siren, no chirps, blips etc) REALLY REALLY quietly 24/7, and drains the battery ever so slowly.

Is there any benefit to keeping the bloody thing even attached to the car? I have never dealt with an alarm/immob. system really so I'm worried about poking / deleting things in case I vegetable my car.

Hoping this is a common problem... any ideas on where to start looking for the cause appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Can u check to see if there are any part no or model numbers on the siren?

I can't recall the early girls having a siren from factory, happy to be corrected thou.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Are you its factory? Even my VX, the alarm is a second horn up near the left-hand strut tower, against the firewall.

I'd say its aftermarket, and its quiet because someone has turned it off with the key, but that just lowers the volume a lot for some reason.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
NO i'm not sure it's factory (hence the question mark) :) maybe a dealer pack or something, I don't know, I just know I've seen a lot of VN-VS with this exact one before..

It started when the engine bay got very wet one day, if that gives any leads at all?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my old alarm would go off quietly if you removed its earth off the battery even when it wasnt set and the noise wouldnt stop until i refitted the earth or pulled the + off the battery