Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are after market gauges weather proof??

VHRickster

Reaction score
Members Ride
5lt VH
I have an oil pressure and a water temp (speco) gauge mounted inside my VH...My car goes in next week for paint and new interior so I want to move the gauges "outside".If they are in the chrome cups can I expect drama's in bad weather??...are there certain brands that are weather proof??
I have done a search but there is about 100000000 pages on gauges.
Cheers

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
look up marine gauges for your safest bet. Next step if you cannot find them is to make it water proof yourself. Sealant here , duretic grease there and drain plug over there as a fail safe

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
:smoking:

The Really funny thing is, I actually think you might be for real...

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Just seal the speco ones into the cups with a bit of silicone or similar. Just don't use too much in case you need to get them out later on.

VHRickster

Reaction score
Members Ride
5lt VH
Just seal the speco ones into the cups with a bit of silicone or similar. Just don't use too much in case you need to get them out later on.

thanks mate....I would hate to move them and the some thing went wrong

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport

thanks mate....I would hate to move them and the some thing went wrong

Speco gauges are pretty hardy, they seem to be able to cop a lot of abuse. Just remember too, chrome cups are not legal on the outside of your car.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Speco gauges are pretty hardy, they seem to be able to cop a lot of abuse. Just remember too, chrome cups are not legal on the outside of your car.

Also remember, that while it is perfectly legal in all states to behave like a "tool" Urban Dictionary: tool , it's generally not legal to mount gauges on your bonnet. Unfair, I know. Think of laws like hints, and move on from there.

/sub